Are you an experienced Recycling or Waste Management Supervisor looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We now have an opportunity for a Site Supervisor to join and supervise the team at our Shoreham Household Waste Recycling Site (HWRS), working 37.5 hours a week.
What will you be doing?
The Site Supervisor will ensure the efficient day to day operation of the Household Waste Recycling Site, administration system and the management of the site/yard/machine operatives and health and safety practices.
You’ll arrange for the waste and recyclables to be correctly stored and removed from site as required, operating to Viridor’s policies and procedures. The Site Supervisor will ensure that the site is operated to all applicable licences and consents. You will interact with site users, Members of the Public, Visitors, and Contractors.
What do you need?
- Knowledge and experience of the waste management industry
- CoTC (or appropriate training to secure within 12 months)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Previous complaints handling experience
- People management skills and maintain good employee relations
- Able to adapt to changing situations and maintain a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work with low levels of supervision.
- Full driving licence
What can Viridor offer you?
In return for your hard work as our Site Supervisor, we can offer a competitive salary plus benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life
- Optional contributory healthcare
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras, Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.