Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Site Supervisor with experience of property drainage surveys and customer liaison for mini package pumping station installation projects to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Framework covering South London and Thames Valley.
As the Site Supervisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Managing site projects and teams ensuring a zero compromise to Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing to all our employees and those impacted by our works
- Timely implementation of business management processes in respect of site works and conducts site inductions, briefings, tests and inspections, forward planning, coaching of site staff, cost and document control as applicable
- Driving the implementation of Quality Assurance and Health and Safety and Environmental matters in order to achieve right first time delivery and continuous improvement
- Provide leadership to site staff, drive forward site programmes, maintain progress and cost records, promote knowledge and understanding of Quality, Safety and Environmental matters on construction sites and offices
- Management of subcontractors including induction and interface liaison
- Contacting and managing residents to arrange surveys, construction and handover requirements
- Liaison and maintaining relationships with operational staff and key stakeholders
- Assist in the surveying requirements and lead handover to operations
- Assist the Site Manager with the management of Delivery Teams and Office support staff who are tasked with ensuring optimal performance in the delivery of the AMPS contract
- Oversee the operational resource/activity within areas of your responsibility and that it conforms to statutory requirements and company policy/procedures
- Assist with the auditing process ensuring the timely close out of actions arising from internal and external audits
- Represent Morrison Utility Services at Thames Water Client & other external audits and in meetings with external bodies, councils etc
- Inform management of issues with suppliers, subcontractors, site personnel etc. so that they can be escalated as required
- Share best practice across site teams by coaching subordinate staff in correct construction techniques
- Ensure that your projects are effectively resourced and that key personnel are retained and developed delivering accurate and timely engineering data to support design, construction and handover of projects
- Assisting in the collation of property information and contact details and arranging access to properties to carry out surveys
- Assisting the site engineer with carrying out comprehensive connectivity, drainage surveys of properties and existing sewer networks
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
Experience within the water industry is essential and specifically within mini package pumping station supervision and delivery
- HSEW Training such as SMSTS
- Service Avoidance
- First Aid at Work
Whats in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.