- Job Reference: 00016409-1
- Date Posted: 27 July 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Rowley Regis, West Midlands
Are you ticketed in mobile plant and looking for a new challenge?
Could you thrive as a Site Operative with one of the most successful waste management companies in the UK?
If so, read on.
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are currently looking for a Site Operative to join our team at the Edwin Richards quarry in Rowley Regis.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As a Site Operative, you will support the operations at our waste management site in Rowley Regis.
Specifically, you will operate mobile plant dealing with waste material in a safe and secure manner. Predominantly, this will be D6 Dozers, tractors and attachments and 360 excavators.
Providing a courteous, safe and trouble-free experience for customers / site users, you will support weighbridge activities, ensure all plant is in great condition and help to keep stores tidy.
To be considered as a Site Operative, you will need:
- To be ticketed for D6 Dozer, Tractor and 360 bucket
- Knowledge of Duty of Care and Permit Compliance, Waste Sampling
- Good time keeping and attendance record
- To be well presented
- A considerate and approachable manner
- The ability to work on own initiative and with others as part of a team
- A full driving licence
Experience in the waste sector would be an advantage. A First Aid Qualification would also be beneficial, however, training can be provided.
Other organisations may call this role Waste Site Operative, Site Operator, Mobile Plant Operator, Plant Operator, 360 Excavator Operator, or D6 Dozer Operator.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready for your next opportunity as a Site Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.