- Job Reference: 00018823-1
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Site Operative – Recycling Centre
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Site Operative to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As a Site Operative, you will undertake a range of activities to support our recycling centre in Trowbridge.
You will help members of the public dispose of their waste, whilst maximising recycling and supporting centre operations.
Your role will also involve:
- Supervising the public with the disposal of household waste and recyclables
- Ensuring safety measures are adhered to at all times
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Ensuring the site is safe and secure during opening hours
To be considered as a Site Operative, you will need:
- Experience of working in a safety conscious environment
- Excellent time management
- Strong communication and numeracy skills
- Proficiency in IT
Experience of working within the waste industry, specifically HWRCs, would be beneficial to your application, as would experience working with heavy plant. Experience managing a small team would also be advantageous, as would an IOSH Managing Safely qualification or equivalent.
The working hours for this role are 35.9 hours per week, spread over five days, from Saturday to Wednesday.
Other organisations may call this role Waste Management Operative, Recycling Centre Operative, Recycling Centre Assistant, Yard Assistant, or Yard Operative.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking to learn new skills as a Site Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.