- Job Reference: 00021378-1
- Date Posted: 3 August 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Sheerness, Kent
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
Employees must also co-operate with the company to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities successfully by assisting members of public with the disposal of waste at the Household Waste Recycling Centre within our Mid & East Kent sites and assisting in the general running and maintenance of the site.
Duties and key responsibilities – Operational
• Assisting members of public with the disposal of their waste within the HWRC and presenting a positive image and giving a friendly welcome to all users.
• Adhere to the council requirements for van users and other rules including logging of registration numbers.
• Sorting and moving waste streams deposited by members of the public into the appropriate location and waste stream e.g. paints.
• Moving large electrical items into the appropriate storage area.
• Escorting members of the public to the asbestos containers.
• Complying with the site license and FCC Environment health and safety procedures including enforcing traffic management requirements.
• Ensuring good housekeeping within the site is maintained.
• Litter picking to ensure waste does not escape and complies with the site license.
• Assessing and making a judgement as to whether certain vehicles are depositing of waste from a trade waste origin and follow council procedures.
• Monitoring levels of waste in external contractors recycling containers.
• Liaising with Team Leader/Site Supervisors to arrange collections.
• Maintaining housekeeping within the mess facilities.
• Maintenance of site infrastructure – eg washing signs, containers, cleaning drains.
• Any other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business.
• Experienced with interacting positively with members of the public
• Demonstrable understanding of the importance of Health & Safety
• Be able to spot recyclable materials
• Be keen to undertake personal development
• Pay attention to detail
• Be a team-player
• Be able to operate mechanical equipment, after instruction
• Have a basic knowledge of Health & Safety and are able to follow health and safety procedures
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Keen to work as part of a team
• Health and safety minded
• Good customer service skills
• Polite and helpful
• Fitness, health and mobility
• Able to work flexible hours
• Are a good-timekeeper
• Have basic communication skills, including the written word
• Willing and able to work in adverse weather conditions
Any other reasonable request.