- Job Reference: 00008964-1
- Date Posted: 21 April 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Rowley Regis, West Midlands
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Rowley Regis, UK
Expiry Date - 12 May 2021
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are currently looking for a Site Operative to join our team at the Edwin Richards quarry in Rowley Regis.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As a Site Operative, you will be responsible for supporting soil treatment operations at the Edwin Richards quarry at Rowley Regis.
Specifically, you will operate a D6 Dozer, tractor and attachments and 360 excavator used in the quarry. You may also be required to cover the site weighbridge operations, ensuring all vehicles are weighed correctly and Duty of Care is complied with.
Your other duties will include:
- Operating mobile plant in handling waste materials in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensuring that plant and machinery are serviceable by carrying out specified daily checks
- Maintaining all stores and monitor fuel, oil, anti-freeze and site water levels
- Acting courteous to customers and site visitors
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
- Reporting any faults or defects for repair
- Providing cover at other FCC sites within the region
To be considered as a Site Operative, you will need:
- To be ticketed for D6 Dozer, Tractor and 360 bucket (for which training can be provided)
- Knowledge of duty of care and permit compliance, waste sampling (for which training can be provided)
- A First Aid Qualification (for which training can be provided)
- A relevant certification for site mobile plant (for which training can be provided)
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience in the waste sector would be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Waste Site Operative, Site Operator, Mobile Plant Operator, Plant Operator, 360 Excavator Operator, or D6 Dozer Operator.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Site Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.