- Job Reference: 00008964-1
- Date Posted: 15 February 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Rowley Regis, West Midlands
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Rowley Regis, West Midlands
£Competitive Plus Benefits
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
Main purpose and scope of job
To help ensure all company H&S requirements are met fully. To help ensure a courteous, safe, trouble-free experience for customers/site users. To occasionally cover the site weighbridge operations, ensuring all vehicles are weighed correctly and duty of care is complied with. To predominantly operate D6 Dozers, tractors and attachments and 360 excavators.
Duties and key responsibilities – operational
- To operate mobile plant in handling waste materials in a safe and efficient manner as per company procedures
- To ensure that plant and machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and company procedures and logging accordingly
- To keep all stores and monitor fuel, oil, anti-freeze and site water levels tidy
- To assist in other site duties such as litter picking, grass cutting, diesel checks etc.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
- To report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the plant and machinery
- May be required to provide cover at other FCC sites within the region
- Ticketed for D6 Dozers, tractors & 360 buckets (training can be provided for a suitable applicant)
- Demonstrable skills in achieving demanding work requirements and ensuring customer needs are met
- Experience in the waste sector would be an advantage
- Knowledge of duty of care and permit compliance and waste sampling – training provided
- First Aid qualification – training can be arranged
- Relevant certification for site mobile plant – training can be provided for the right candidate
- Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Good timekeeping and attendance record
- Good personal hygiene levels
- Considerate and approachable manner
- The ability to work on own initiative and to work with others as a part of a team
- Efficient, trustworthy, punctual, can-do attitude
- A full driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Operative, Site Operator, Weighbridge Operator, Waste Management Operative, Recycling Site Operative, or Yard Operative.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Site Operative, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.