Site Manager (Overhead Lines)
Site Based role - We have projects in the East Coast, Central Belt, Borders, Glasgow, Ayrshire & Dumfries and Galloway.
Salary up to £55,000 per year, with a strong benefits package - plus Overtime available (further details below)
37 hour basic week
Closing Date: 3rd March 2024
Help us create a better future, quicker
As Site Manager within our Transmission business within Energy Networks you will be part of a department responsible for the construction of new build, replacement, refurbishment or other associated major transmission overhead line projects. You will enjoy being part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for planning and delivering major construction projects.
As the primary on-site representative, you will feel confident in having on-site ownership and providing technical support and advice primarily in relation to overhead line aspects of construction stages for transmission projects.
What you'll be doing
With your experience in managing transmission construction projects, including Contract management (variations and claims etc included) you will be confident at monitoring and managing contractor's programmes in a proactive way in line with the overall project programme. You will have knowledge and experience in the construction and commissioning of overhead lines transmission projects.
With your knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and your ability to implement quality assurance and environmental processes, you will ensure compliance with all site environmental legislation and monitor all agreed mitigation.
What you'll bring
You enjoy, and are focused, on leading a team in a contractor's environment, and your excellent negotiation and influencing skills will be a great attribute to the team.
If you have the following experience that we are looking for, then we want to hear from you:
- Significant experience in managing transmission construction projects
- Experience as a Manager delivering the Principal Contractor role and managing multiple contractors
- Knowledge of specifications, designs, maintenance, construction and commissioning of overhead lines, monitoring and inspecting construction activities such as access development, foundation installation, assembly and erection (wood pole and/or towers), wiring, re-insulation, re-spacering, re-conductoring, tower painting and reinstatement works.
- Proficient with IT and software packages such as Microsoft office
- Knowledge in all current Health and Safety legislation & understand CDM 2015 regs & duty holder roles most notably in delivering the Principal Contractor role.
- First Aid certification
What's in it for you
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we'll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%.
At ScottishPower, we believe it's the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family's wellbeing, save for your future and take personal steps for climate action - our benefits are designed to help you do just that - so that you have everything you need to take care of your world - today and tomorrow. That's why our benefits include:
- 36 days annual leave
- Holiday purchase - perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding
- Technology Vouchers - save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
- Count us in - pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
- Electric Vehicle Schemes - to help you transition to green/clean driving
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Access to nudge' financial wellbeing support
- Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more
- Monday - Saturday 8am till midnight -Time and a half
- Monday - Saturday midnight to 8am -Double Time
- Sunday - Double Time
- Overtime is not mandatory.
Why SP Energy Networks
SP Energy Networks is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. We keep electricity flowing to homes and businesses through Central and Southern Scotland, North Wales and in the North West of England. We operate over 4000km of cables and lines that make-up the transmission network - connecting infrastructure like wind farms into the electricity system. It's a role that puts us right at the heart of Scotland's ambition to be Net Zero by 2044. And we're taking it very seriously. We're investing £2 billion into our transmission network, directly supporting the rapid growth needed in renewable energy. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation.
Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you'll fit right in.
We are committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.