Title: Site ManagerBusiness Area:
Kier LivingSub Location:
Kier has over 70 years of experience in the residential sector with access to a wealth of resources and expertise.
As one of the UK's largest combined property, construction and services companies, we are in a unique position: we can successfully deliver housing projects from start to finish.
To do this we need a talented workforce and as such are looking to recruit Site Managers to join the team operating from the Northern region.
If you would like to join the Kier way of working and be part of an award-winning company at the forefront of innovation, then please apply now.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for managing the construction of a development, including all associated pre and post house-building works, ensuring that targets are met regarding Health and Safety, delivery to build programme, quality, customer service and cost.
- Co-ordinate labour, materials and resources on site and approving payments to trades and contractors where appropriate;
- Ensure that all plots are built to the highest standard of quality, complying with the NHBC Standards, Building Regulations, range specifications and best practice;
- Undertake quality control procedures and inspections when required and rectifying any defects so as not to incur additional cost, delays, or reduction in the final quality;
- With the support of the Contracts Manager, ensure that the on-site construction team is fully resourced and well-directed and are provided with full support in achieving their responsibilities by clear communication, training and development, and the good organisation;
- Show a good behavioural example in all aspects of health and safety, organisation, conduct, quality of work, and professionalism.