Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Site Manager to work on our UK Power Networks contract in Cambridgeshire.
As a Site Manager you will be part of our Substation Build Team who are responsible for refurbishing and building new switchouses and transformer enclosures with associated switchgear, transformers and cabling.
As the Site Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of site operatives, subcontractors and site work
- Development and implementation of Safety documentation including Health and Safety Plans, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Identify training requirements for site personnel
- Client liaison whilst on site including client audits
- Procurement of materials using computer based system
- Notify line manager of possible variations and keep suitable contemporary records
- Compilation of documents and As Built drawings for handover files
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- You should have a background in construction and the electricity industry
- Competency to work in Substations up 132kV
- Knowledge of NEC contracts
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment
- Cost/Value reporting exposure
- Ability to work within budget and to programme timescales
- IT literate, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Candidates should preferably have the following qualifications:
- Qualified to HNC / Degree Level in Construction, Civil Engineering or an Electrical discipline
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme
- UK Power Networks Sub Station Entry
- Temporary Works Supervisor
- UKPN Sub Station Entry
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.