Morrison Utility Services is looking to recruit a Site Manager to work on our UK Power Networks contract in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
As a Site Manager you will be a part of our Substation Build Team who deliver UKPN's 11kV to 132kV Network, refurbishing and building new switchouses and transformer enclosures with associated switchgear, transformers and cabling. You’ll coordinate and supervise construction activities on site from commencement through to final completion and act as the principal contact for the client.
MUS is proud to be a key partner in the UKPN Alliance, delivering substation build and refurbishment works across the East of England including design, project management, cable installation, building construction, jointing, switchgear, bunding, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition.
As a Site Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of site operatives, subcontractors and site work.
- Development and implementation of Safety documentation including Health and Safety Plans, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Monitor performance of site operatives and subcontractors with respect to Health and Safety, Quality and Environment.
- Identify training requirements for site personnel.
- Ensure full compliance with all Morrison procedures and current legislation.
- Client liaison whilst on site including client audits.
- Procurement of materials using computer based system.
- Planning and programming of current and future works i.e. rolling programmes.
- Notify line manager of possible variations and keep suitable contemporary records.
- Compilation of documents and As Built drawings for Handover files.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- A background in construction and the electricity industry.
- Competency to work in Substations up 132kV.
- Knowledge of NEC contracts.
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Cost/ Value reporting exposure.
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to work within budget and to programme timescales.
- Ability to work within a team environment including clients, designers, H&S Advisers, site staff, quantity surveyor and estimators.
- IT literate, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Full Driving Licence.
Candidates should preferably have the following qualifications:
- Qualified to HNC / Degree Level in Construction, Civil Engineering or an Electrical discipline.
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme.
- UK Power Networks Sub Station Entry.
- Temporary Works Supervisor.
- UKPN Sub Station Entry.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private healthcare
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.