- Job Reference: 00008020-1
- Date Posted: 11 January 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Burnley, Lancashire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main Purpose and Scope of Job
The Site Foreman will be required to direct other staff & also operate mobile plant to aid in the acceptance and placement of waste inputs from customers. This must be achieved in a timely fashion whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety. They must maximise void utilisation; maintain all site equipment in line with FCC Procedures and Best Practice whilst achieving a consistently high level of customer service.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Organise operational areas of site on a daily basis, ensuring safe, efficient and complaint acceptance of waste / soils onto the site
• Ensure Mobile Plant Operatives are given tasks and that they are carrying out workload in a safe and efficient manner
• To cover for the Operations Manager in his absence, ensuring that staff and contractors on site are managed. Ensure that any issues arising are dealt with or relayed to site management as required
• Operation of Site in Compliance with all requirements, operating to all legislative requirements e.g.
o Health and Safety Law
• To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
• Ensure that all actions maintain a safe and healthy environment for self, colleagues and customers
• Help to maintain high level of housekeeping on all areas of site including canteen/mess and locker rooms
• To operate site plant in order to deal effectively with waste
• Ensure best possible conditions on site operational areas at all times
• Assist with any additional works such as pump checks as requested
• To ensure that waste is covered at the end of the shift in order to comply with the requirements of the Environment Agency and the site’s permit.
• Maintaining Company Property and Equipment so that it is fit for purpose to ensure that machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and company procedures.
• To immediately report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
• To be capable of working un-supervised, whilst ensuring that all necessary daily and weekly tasks are performed to the highest standard.
• Attend and participate in monthly meetings regarding company and site issues
• Carry out site inspections as required by site management.
• Formally record and report any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of staff to the Supervisor or Business Manager.
• Provide flexibility of staff cover during breaks, absence and times of annual leave.
• Reporting of incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses
• Ability to identify non-conforming waste
• To carry out labouring duties, such as litter picking, fencing works etc as required
• To maintain and repair plant on site within budget, to ensure it is in safe working order.
• The role may also include travel to other FCC sites
• Have a valid qualification in the operation of heavy plant such as;
o Articulated Dumper
• Experience in organising plant maintenance and repair would be beneficial
• To have worked on a waste acceptance site
• Understanding and experience of running the operational area on landfill site
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix
• Completion of other courses reasonably requested by site management e.g. first aider
• Completion of relevant supervisory skills modules or full course as required by site management
Personal Attributes and other Requirements
• Ability to work under pressure and multi task
• Work under known initiative
• Good people skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances.
Any other reasonable request.