Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Site Engineer to work on our Caledonia Water Alliance contract in Glasgow. This role is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
As the Site Engineer, you will be part of our C1a Team who are responsible for the design, construction and commissioning of a number of water pipelines, chambers and pumping stations.
As the Site Engineer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the safe delivery of construction activities on site, including compliance with our recently introduced COVID-19 safe systems of work
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of work activities
- Provide leadership to teams working on construction activities ensuring all work is carried out to the necessary specifications, RAMS and quality requirements
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments, and set out the works in accordance with the drawings and specification
- Liaise effectively with the Construction Supervisors and Managers
- Work collaboratively with clients and stakeholders
- Complete accurate information and records of the permanent works
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous Site Engineering experience on water projects including pipelines and associated chambers, earthworks and excavations
- Experience on Pumping Station construction is desirable
- CITB SMSTS or other recognised industry accredited safety management programme, CSCS card or EUSR Safety Health, Environmental (SHEA) passport scheme, (SHEA) Water, DOMS and national water hygiene. NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate, NRSW
- Demonstrate a clear focus on customer and stakeholder performance with a service excellence and performance focus
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.