Are you a process, power plant, or operations supervisor looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are now looking to recruit a Shift Team Leader to join the team at our Dunbar Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), working 42.5 hours a week on a 24 hour shift rotation across Monday to Sunday.
The Shift Team Leader will supervise and provide direction to the shift team at the Dunbar ERF site. You’ll plan, implement and monitor processes through good practice to maximise efficiency and ensure health, safety and environmental compliance on a 24 hour shift system.
The Shift Team Leader will be the Senior Authorised Person (SAP) complying with the Dunbar ERF Safe System of Work. The role includes the supervision of contractors when carrying out activities on site. You’ll be working as part of a team within the Maintenance Department when required and implement and carry out maintenance activities to ensure plant availability is maximised.
You will also build and maintain relationships with colleagues to ensure effective communication across the site. You’ll perform routine testing of site emergency safety and environmental procedures, recording information as required; you’ll ensure completion of any incident reporting and carry out follow-up investigations as necessary.
Our ideal Shift Team Leader will have:
- Good understand of environmental health & safety within a process or power industry
- Engineering qualifications, preferably ONC / HNC (or equivalent)
- Safety qualification, preferably IOSH or NEBOSH
- Knowledge and experience of using Maintenance Management Systems
- Process or Power Plant experience
- Experience in safe systems of work, issuing Permits to Work and safety documentation
- Excellent communication skills are required at all levels; both verbally and written.
- Ability to carry out team briefings, participate in detailed shift handovers and write concise reports
- Ideally, Senior Authorised Person (SAP) with Mechanical, HV & LV electrical safety
We are offering the successful Shift Team Leader a competitive salary with a package including contributory pension scheme, optional healthcare scheme and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!