Erdington, B24 8DW
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a SHE’s Specialist and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
About the Role
To support, advise and where required manage SHE’s performance and quality within the Logistics Operation.
To be responsible for the provision of assistance and support to staff and contractors involved in the Logistics Operation across Cadent’s Network and subsequent geographical area from a SHES perspective
- ▪Assure adherence to the safety framework and culture across all activities undertaken in the network
- ▪Provide advice and support to ensure that works carried out by the operation comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements (e.g. CDM, RIDDOR, COSHH) and with Cadent SHES Policies, Standards and Procedures; including Cadent’s Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- ▪Encourage and promote a safety conscious culture and environment, to ensure the safety of those impacted by our activities
- ▪Monitor, track and coordinate the monthly SHES depot audits, ensuring environmental and waste management licences are in place and all standards (Safety, Health, Environment and Security) are met for depot checks and ISO14001 accreditations
- ▪Provide support and guidance for incident investigations and internal incidents related to the operation
- ▪Provide support for internal incident investigation reports and those for submission to enforcing authorities, ensuring data recorded is accurate, appropriate and complete to support management and reporting
- ▪Maintain up to date knowledge of appropriate legislation, policies and procedures, technical standards and codes of practice, to ensure the provision of a safe and cost-effective service
- ▪Provide safety advice to the logistics operation throughout any relevant deviation process
- ▪Represent the Logistics Operation during Procurement events to ensure the relevant safety input to the contract scope and bidder evaluations
- ▪Co-ordinate with Property and local representatives for site security issues
- ▪Review Logistics Scorecard Process Safety and SHES KPI’s monitor performance against set targets and support Network Managers in resolving issues
- ▪Drive Health and Wellbeing programmes in the operation
- ▪Represent the Network during Safety Policy, Standard, Procedure reviews
About You – you will possess the following qualification, skills and knowledge:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) HNC or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant SHES legislation, associated codes of practice and other guidance
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Cadent SHES policies, procedures and other supporting documentation
- Strong understanding of risk management principles and tools
- Strong understanding of Plant, MHE and vehicular risk management principles and tools
- Strong understanding of HSE regulations relevant to role
- Experience in analysis and reporting
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion - the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the Department For Work and Pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come