SHES Advisor – O&M
Performance & Assurance, WM Operations
Location – West Midlands Operations
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a SHE’s Advisor and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
Our new SHE’s advisor will be responsible for the support, advice and delivery where required to positively contribute to the SHES performance and quality of the Operate & Maintain processes within West Midlands Operations.
If you’re someone who has a passion for safety, high attention to detail and are a confident communicator, this is the perfect role for you!
- Take responsibility for the provision of advice and support to the Operate and Maintain team in West Midlands, to ensure that works associated with Operational delivery comply with relevant SHES Legislation
- Take responsibility for ensuring the workforce within West Midlands Operations are suitably supported and informed to enable compliance with Cadent Safety and Environment Management Systems
- Provide reliable, timely and accurate management information on the areas of SHES showing compliance, trend analysis and identification of areas of improvement.
- Provide support for ISO 14001 Audits, Environmental Audits and other adhoc audit work as required by the Performance and Assurance Manager
- Provide support and guidance for incident investigations relevant to the Operate & Maintain process within West Midlands.
- Provide support for internal incident investigation reporting and those for submission to enforcing authorities, ensuring data recording and accuracy is appropriate and complete to support accurate management and regulatory reporting
- Undertake safety and engineering / procedural compliance inspections
- Engender and foster a positive safety culture that enables the network to continue driving improved safety performance
- Maintain up to date knowledge of appropriate legislation, policies and procedures, technical standards and codes of practice, to ensure the provision of a safe and effective service
- Share, promote, facilitate and implement technical and procedural best practice
- Support the design and implementation of the network SHES strategy
- Implement and lead on various safety initiatives as required by the network Operational Management Team
- Support wider compliance and assurance activities that may be requested by the Performance & Assurance Manager
You will possess the following knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Good understanding of relevant SHES legislation, associated codes of practice and other guidance
- Good understanding of the Operate and Maintain process, including the specific nature of works associated with Windsor Street, Birmingham
- Relevant prior experience in various aspects of SHES would be preferential
- Good knowledge of Cadent policies, procedures and other supporting documentation
- Strong understanding of risk management principles and tools
- A clear enthusiasm and passion for safety is required for success in this role
- HNC or equivalent
- Safety qualification NEBOSH or equivalent
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.