Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a SHEQW Advisor to work on our Thames Water Infrastructure Alliance (Agility Alliance) contract in London and covering the Thames Water area.
As a SHEQW Advisor, you will be part of our SHEQW Team who are responsible for maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, environmental compliance and well-being for all of our staff and works. You will be working extensively across a number of our sites.
The Agility Alliance is an equal share joint venture between J Murphy & Sons and Morrison Utility Services which started 2014/2015. It is part of the Thames Water Infrastructure Alliance and is responsible for working on the Thames Clean Water Network, across the entire Thames Water delivery region.
As the SHEQW Advisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Advise Supervisors, Team Leaders and Gangs in the field of statutory health and safety requirements
- Encourage the reporting of near misses through proactive engagement with Operatives and Supervisors
- Regularly inspect work locations and activities and prepare and submit inspections in a timely manner
- Review and approve risk assessments and method statements
- Verify that temporary works are implemented safely
- Conduct investigations of incidents and accidents identifying root cause analysis and recommendations to prevent re-occurrence
- Report incidents in line with Thames Water and parent company minimum requirements and submit reports within agreed timescales
- Support well-being campaigns and deliver regular and appropriate tool box talks and briefings on subject matter
- Assist in the identification of safety training needs for site based personnel and bring these to the attention of the Regional Health and Safety Manager
- Carry out Agility Alliance inductions as needed
- Co-operate with the Health and Safety Executive in connection with their site visits
- Monitor compliance with electronic management systems (such as SwIMS)
- Carry out regular site visits and audits
- Provide training and advice
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Utilities experience preferred
- Site experience essential
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Appropriate Construction Skills Card
- Working knowledge of current UK Health and Safety legislation and best practice
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Ability to evaluate safety practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes, and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement
- Experience of delivering training modules
- Knowledge of a variety of occupational health risk environments, such as confined spaces
- Knowledge of safety devices to use in conjunction with tools and equipment in the workplace
- Ability to evaluate safe practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement
- Ability to maintain favourable public relations
- Experience in delivering and implementing behaviour based safety initiatives
- Knowledge of the properties, handling and storage of corrosives, contaminates and flammables
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.