Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a SHEQ Manager to join our Electrical Transmission division, who will be supporting nationwide projects.
As a SHEQ Manager you will develop and lead Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality performance of the Electricity Transmission business unit. Whilst building and developing the SHEQ function, this will also be an operational facing, hands on role which will require you to conduct regular site visits and audits.
MUS is proud to be working in partnership with major clients, delivering substation build and refurbishment works across England and Wales including design, project management, cable installation, building construction, capital equipment installation, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition, as well as full turnkey EPC substation builds.
As a SHEQ Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Effective and visible leadership of all aspects of SHEQ.
- Work closely with all management levels in the Transmission team to effectively deliver safety, environmental and quality performance on all projects.
- Determine and ensure compliance against company, client and legislative requirements.
- Monitor/ review all aspects of quality standards.
- Own MUS processes and their continual development.
- Develop and deliver a strategic plan to drive continual improvement.
- Act as Health and Safety champion for the programme of works.
- Ensure alignment with client visions and values.
- Build skilled and sustainable SHEQ team to support programme assurance
- Manage the implementation and delivery of MUS Group training courses, initiatives and contract inductions.
- Implement and manage any Incident and Accident investigations including Root Cause Analysis reports.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Extensive experience gained within a SHEQ focused role.
- Electricity Transmission experience is essential, ideally with a knowledge of National Grid processes.
- NEBOSH Construction / General Certificate.
- CSCS Card or equivalent.
- Ability to develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties and support the long term business plan.
- Effective communicator, delivers engaging, informative, well-organised presentations.
- Visible Health & Safety behavioural leadership.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Embraces innovation and new ways of working.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK, including overnight stays.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.