Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a SHEQ Manager to work on our Severn Trent Water contract in Raynesway, Derby.
As a SHEQ Manager you will be part of our SHEQ team who are responsible for supporting the contract to deliver health, safety and well-being along with environmental and quality requirements.
The contract with Severn Trent provides and manages dig and fix gangs working on the water network, alongside teams backfilling and reinstating following the repairs. In addition, the contract also provides all traffic management and signing, lighting and guarding for both the our own and the client gangs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for the SHEQ Manager:
- Strategically advise and support the Framework Manager/Contract Director with SHEQ strategy across the contractual area
- Manage and develop the SHEQ team across the Severn Trent contractual area
- Manage and develop the SHEQ Plan with the Framework Manager
- Strategically plan and manage inspections/audits and identify areas for improvement
- Provide expert SHEQ advice and support to operational personnel within the contractual area
- Plan and manage the delivery of contract and Morrison Utility Services training courses, initiatives and events
- Plan and manage audits by internal and external bodies
- Manage the production and communication of incident and accident investigations and provide Root Cause Analysis reports
- CMIOSH or working towards
- NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate / Diploma / BSc (Desirable)
- Relevant EUSR qualifications
- Environmental qualifications (desirable)
- Background in Utilities, Water or Construction
- Experienced SHEQ professional with experience of operating in a large contractual area with the ability to strategically champion the contractual SHEQ plans
- Quality Auditor or a solid understanding
- Good analytical and IT skills with the ability to produce plans, spreadsheets, reports, alerts and presentations
- Good understanding of works in a water networks business arena
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/Car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.