Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a SHEQ Manager for our Green Energy business based from our Liverpool office.
The SHEQ Manager will be part of the Health, Safety and Environment team who are responsible for all pre and post contract activities for the Green Energy Division.
The “Green Energy” sector is a new and emerging market for Morrison Utility Services. With a focus on projects such as District Heating and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, this is a great opportunity to join a business unit with exciting growth plans for the next 12 months.
As a SHEQ Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Form an integral member of the Senior Management team, led by the Contract Director
- Assist in the development, review and implementation of appropriate safe Systems if Work, such as SHEQ Plans, Construction Phase Plans (CPP), Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Ensuring occupational welfare remains at the core of everything we do
- Build strong relationships with Client, Supplier or Joint Venture counterparts
- Provide SHEQ support with bids and contracts to ensure robust pricing, risk management and governance
- Monitor and manage the performance of MUS direct staff, agency staff and subcontractors with respect to the required standards of Health and Safety, Quality and the Environment
- Develop and implement changes to process, following understanding of a need to make changes to improve performance
Essential Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Previous SHEQ Manager experience in Utilities, Electrical or Construction industry.
- IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and use of the internet.
- Appreciation and understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
- District Heating or Electrical Safety background would advantageous
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- NEBOSH Construction of General certificate with relevant construction experience
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Reward Benefit
- Private health care
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.