About The Role
IWJS have over 40 years’ experience of delivering sewer services, waste management and industrial cleaning to essential infrastructure services across the UK – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
IWJS is looking to recruit an experienced SHEQ Manager to join the team based in our Heathrow depot to cover the Thames area. The role will also require travelling to various depot locations across the UK as and when required.
In this role, you will report directly to the Managing Director and will produce and regularly present H&S performance information and development to the leadership team. You will also manage, direct, support and control the Group Compliance Manager and regional H&S Managers as part of the day-to-day SHEQ management of the business.
As the SHEQ Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Establish and review of H&S policy and integrated management systems with ability to ultimately develop and enhance in order to attain accreditation to ISO 45001.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Providing specialist advice, communication, training and awareness, along with conducting H&S investigations
- Site audits and safety tours as required.
- Develop, monitor and review procedures including but not limited to risk assessments, method statements, COSHH assessment and personal protective equipment provision process.
- Monitoring and review internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the business services delivery from a H&S perspective.
- Maintain and develop policy statements and procedures in line with changes in legislation to ensure integrated approach through the management systems.
- Development and implementation on environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Assisting in the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Provision of advice to managers and supervisors
- Gathering, analysing and reporting on key H&S data and statistics
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in a similar role within Construction or Drainage Industry.
- Advanced Health and Safety to a recognised standard (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate) and CDM regulations 2015
- COSHH awareness or training.
- Experience of formulating, implementing, and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Effective verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- NEBOSH Diploma in Construction Safety
- Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- Experience in developing integrated Management Systems.
- ISO 45001 standards awareness.
- Qualification in auditing to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards
What's in it for you?
- 20 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Average holiday pay
- EAP confidential helpline
- All PPE & uniform provided (if applicable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Training is provided
- Pension scheme
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.