Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a SHEQ Advisor to join our Edinburgh Trams contract, supporting the York Place to Newhaven programme.
As a SHEQ Advisor you will be a part of our Health, Safety and Environment team, who are responsible for supporting our operational teams in relation to SHEQ activity for the project.
Morrison Utility Services are delivering a 4.69km tram route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. We are constructing two new substations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area under the scheme, along with the tie-in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport.
As a SHEQ Advisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure contract/site compliance against company, client and legislative requirements
- Delivery of legislative compliance and promotion of continuous improvement of safety performance
- Foster the development of SHEQ skills within operational line management
- Ensure consistent implementation of SHEQ standards across the contract
- Support operational personnel to deliver their SHEQ responsibilities and advise on SHEQ matters relating to the Water Services Agreement including processes and procedures, assurance and verification
- Undertake inspections, audits and identify areas for improvement
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Previous experience within a SHEQ focused role
- Utilities or construction experience would be an advantage, but not essential
- NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate
- IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental Qualifications (desirable)
- NRSWA certification and EUSR qualifications (desirable)
- Effective communication skills and ability to influence others
- Full Driving License
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.