We are looking for a Service Desk Team Leader for a 9-months fixed term contract
. You will be required to support the design and the ongoing development of the Wholesale Market Services team (WMS). The department has been set up to be the commercial interface between Thames Water Wholesale and the wholesale business’ customers.
You will be responsible for directing and developing a team of Service Desk Associates delivering excellent customer service. You will ensure they have the tools and knowledge to perform effectively to meet key performance targets and SLA’s. You will be expected to identify trends and insights to improve results, customer service and effectiveness. You will need to respond to day-to-day changes in circumstances, demands and constantly strive to identify areas for process improvement.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills:
- Manage internal team processes for contact handling work, tracking and production of management information.
- Deliver desk-side training for new/current team members.
- Prepare reports and presentations for key stakeholders as required.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements ideas to optimise operational and service delivery performance. Link in with the Service Improvement Manager surrounding this ongoing activity.
- Being the line manager for a team of associates including HR-related activities, this includes 1:1’s, performance reviews, attendance and team meetings/communication cells, carrying out Quality Monitoring for agents and providing appropriate feedback/follow-up targets.
- Complete internal reports and deliver to Service Desk Manager, reports include associates productivity, team productivity, Success, Opportunities, Failure & Treat Report, and month-end reporting. Speak with the Service Reporting manager about the creation of new reporting metrics
- Create a weekly work rota for the team that allocates set tasks on a daily basis that meets the operational requirements of the team and our customers. This will include managing Cordy's work queues and WMS Inbox to ensure SLAs are achieved.
- Motivate, support and assist in developing the team using appropriate styles.
- Deputise for the manager, as and when required.
- Provide leadership that is focused on delivering the required results, ensuring the recognition of colleagues happen but also team performance recognition.
- Proactively review and make changes to existing processes, ensure a process change does not have a negative impact on the service we deliver or to the business
- Good communication skills – verbal, listening, written and expression.
- Ability to talk to all levels of management.
- Strong customer management skills with both internal and external customers
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to lead and develop people within a team.
- Excellent communication skillset and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Has experience in time management within a pressurised environment.
- Exceptional ability to be able to motivate.
- Demonstrate successful track record/experience in managing people
- Positive attitude towards Customer Service at all times.