Do you want to help us create world class digital experiences?
British Gas is recruiting for a UX Designer with exciting creative capabilities and a strong interest in innovation to work as part of their vibrant and growing internal UX agency at their Headquarters in Staines-upon-Thames (TW18).
We foster a culture of innovation, exploration and creativity within the UX Team that ensures we never accept the status quo or the uninspiring solution.
As the largest supplier of gas & electricity to households & businesses in the UK, we strive to deliver a world class user experience to all of our customers at every opportunity.
As UX Designer you will be working in one of four teams of 3-4 UX Designers and reporting to a Senior UX Designer. You will be using agile and lean design methodologies and working in one of a number of scrum teams that cover all areas of digital including responsive web and native apps serving a user base of around 11 million.
We are at a very exciting time of change in the business where there is great opportunity to make regular meaningful contributions to our users experiences.
The UX Designer will require you to:
- Be the confident, objective voice of our users
- Relentlessly chase innovation and produce world class quality experiences
- Follow and help to shape our own internal UX processes
- Empower the UX team and collaborate internally/externally
- Work in a dynamic agency style environment that fosters creativity and idea sharing
You will be driven by a passion for the user and an ambition to push the boundaries of how we can satisfy and delight our users beyond best practices and industry standards. You will be overflowing with exciting ideas and be able to articulate them clearly to stakeholders with emotion and bullet proof reasoning.
As the UX Designer you will have:
- An energetic and visible passion for user centred design & problem solving
- An intrinsic ability to turn complexity into simplicity
- The competency to be both quick and thorough
- An analytical capacity to allow you to quickly pinpoint a problem and suggest the best solution
- Exceptional communication, presentation and storytelling skills
- A constant craving for ongoing learning, improvement and enhancement
- Visual Design is a key requirement in this role. As is evidence based design and justification for design decisions based on specific user insights.
- Knowledge of UX trends (past, present and predicted)
- Great expectation management and collaboration skills across multi-discipline teams
- Solid experience as a UX Designer
- Experience scoping timescales and delivering on time