Senior SHE Business Partner Business Support & Development
Salary: Personal Contract
As a Senior Lead for Business support and Regulatory affairs, reporting to the Group Head of Health, Safety and Environment you will develop and deliver the strategic plan for all SGN activities across the UK. You will lead our SHE Business Support team of SHE professionals, also being the relationship manager with the Health and Safety Executive for the regulated businesses’.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Health, Safety and Environment, confident and capable in articulating and influencing the health agenda, at all levels of the business. A strategic thinker able to tactically support the delivery of the SHE plans for the business units to legal, statutory and company requirements across the organisation. Developing innovative and engaging SHE initiatives to positively impact the health, safety and environmental aspects of SGN in support of our strategic vision 'Everyone home safe and well’.
Building on established services whilst developing and driving our SHE strategy, supporting all staff across our Scotland, Southern, Northern Ireland networks, our Commercial activities, and Energy Futures. This role will play an important part in developing the cases for safety in the energy transformation to nett zero by 2045 and includes regulated and non-regulated businesses and requires travel between sites.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Provide advice on legal responsibilities and legislation, in particular duties of operational managers
- Lead on and/or assist with the development and implementation of safety bulletins, incident learning information, procedures
- Participate and/or lead on internal compliance and assurance audits and inspections and undertake onsite technical inspections and provide feedback
- Drive continual improvement in the support and service provided to operations and other departments
- Developing tactical plans to deliver the SHE strategies
- Ability to be mobile and travel is an essential part of the job
- Foster and manage effective and collaborative relationships with SGN Statutory Regulator’s
- Foster and manage effective and collaborative relationships with all levels of the SGN organisation
- Work with Statutory Regulator’s to establish the inspection and monitoring programmes that impact upon SGN safety cases and license conditions
- Be the lead contact for SGN with statutory regulator interventions, inspections and enquiries establish workable and pragmatic solutions, monitor implementation
- Act as SPoC when instructed by SGN legal advisers, undertake forensic investigations, lead investigation teams, when required
- Have clear strategies and tactical plans in place when dealing with proactive and reactive contacts with Regulator’s
- Work with Statutory Regulator’s on shaping future legislation to ensure SGN interests are represented and protected
The ideal candidate should have an experience working in utilities/construction/process safety at a senior level in SHE and hold the relevant IOSH or IEMA or equivalent membership. As a minimum, the job holder should have NEBOSH or IEMA diploma or educated to degree level.
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working in a senior SHE role
- Experience of working in an operational environment
- Experience of working in a high hazard industry
- Experience of managing a team is desirable
- Up to date knowledge of both SHE best practice and employment law and how these are best implemented in practice
- Deep understanding of and expertise in generalist operational/tactical SHE issues
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport and build effective and influential working relationships at all levels
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…