Senior Resilience Specialist
Base Location – Flexible location
ROLE TYPE – 10 Months Fixed Term Contract
Salary - £37,464 per annum
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Senior Resilience Specialist and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
The Safety and Sustainability Team is responsible for implementing the business resilience framework (Legislation, Policy, Procedure, Competence and Compliance) and ensuring that Cadent’s processes are fit for purpose by providing technical support to the business.
The Senior Resilience Specialist will work with internal and external stakeholders to provide oversight that ensures the policies and procedures, covering all aspects of the business will enable Cadent to safely discharge its legislative obligations. Liaison between all business areas to promote and assist on BCM, business impacts and horizon scanning thus enhancing our organisational resilience.
The Resilience specialist will also be responsible for ensuring a clear competency and compliance framework is in place for all support activities undertaken within Cadent’s organisation and network. The role will also champion the application of BCM process and the resilience policy framework throughout Cadent
- Management of Contract (circa 2 Million pounds PA) ensuring the protection of Cadent’s most critical assets
- Develop, manage and maintain a suite of policies, procedures and associated documentation which enables Cadent to fulfil its statutory, licence and regulatory obligations
- Build relationships with key national bodies and opinion formers to influence and represent Cadent’s interest. (LRF, CPNI, BEIS, NaCTSO, Police, Gov)
- Lead, develop and recommend improvements to business continuity management processes to improve efficiency across all business functions
- Lead on Crisis Incident Management Framework (CIMF) development and maintenance, ensuring best possible product for Cadent leadership
- Hold the post of Technical secretary for crisis incident (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and strategic committee facilitation
- Make key contributions to the maintenance of Cadent’s Gas Transmission Safety case
- Respond to changing business needs by adapting policies, procedures and work methods
- Work with the supported area of the business to implement/deliver and monitor identified projects and programmes relating to safety and sustainability
You will possess the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the safe operation of gas distribution networks, with a solid understanding of industry and safety legislation, specifications and policies/procedures relating to gas transportation, organisational resilience, business continuity management and category 2 responder responsibility as directed by the civil contingencies act 2004
- Good experience of working in a gas distribution environment
- Be creative and analytical in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Demonstrable ability to communicate well with peers, senior managers and key internal/external stakeholders.
- Show passion about safety, health and wellbeing and security with high levels of enthusiasm and drive to achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate articulately
- Resilient with the confidence and courage to challenge behaviours and issues, leading by example across all business functions
- Ability to think of innovative new ways in which to engage the business in resilience issues
Technical Know How
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures used in regulated businesses supported by training, skills, knowledge, experience and operational responsibility
- Must be able to communicate knowledge of industry standards and legislation
- Have gas distribution Engineering experience and competence
- Working knowledge of practices for compliance with engineering policies and procedures
- Working experience of strategic development through to implementation
- A demonstrable ability to assimilate and develop understanding of engineering policies and procedures and requirements
- Sound working knowledge of risk assessment
- Understanding of LRF and Government procedure around resilience
- Have CPNI knowledge around security and resilience in the energy sector
- Understanding of planning, design and records processes
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion - the more diverse our organisation is, the more able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the Department For Work and Pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come