Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: South East Region (Snodland - Dartford Depots)
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00
Salary: Up to £65,000.00 + Car, 24 Days Holiday & Pension Benefits
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor, ideally from a utilities and construction background, to join Clancy and our South East Water contract.
You will be key in supporting the commercial leadership of the South East Water contract in the further development and implementation of contract commercial strategies and plans for the new AMP7 period.
• Support of commercial leadership on the contract to ensure that the company’s rights and obligations are fully understood such that profitability is maximised and risks mitigated
• Line management of a team of professionals to ensure effective commercial management of contract and that personnel are fully trained and competent to deliver company and contract requirements and objectives
• Develop long term relationships with internal and external teams inclusive of negotiation and persuasion to ensure that relationships are maintained to meet the needs of the business
• Support the development of budgets and cost controls to ensure that the contracts meet financial and project objectives
• To support the weekly and monthly cost value reconciliation process to ensure that accurate and timely information is available for informed decision making
• Ensure that cash is managed effectively through maximising income and minimising work in progress exposure
• Ensure that variations to contract scope are identified, priced and agreed in line with contract requirements
• To ensure that subcontracts are engaged at appropriate rates and on appropriate terms having regard to the value of the subcontract works and risks, ensuring that subcontracts are properly administered in accordance with company procedure and contract requirements
To be successful in this role you will need to possess a positive, can-do attitude. Have extensive commercial experience within a contractor environment with the ability to motivate people to reach common goals. You will also possess most, if not all the following criteria;
• Demonstrable experience of managing a range of different contracts and dealing with complex contract arrangements
• Significant technical construction knowledge
• Highly developed commercial awareness with clearly demonstrable experience at Senior QS level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable developing relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels
• Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.