About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on high profile Trams to Newhaven contract in Edinburgh.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will play an important part in our project. Edinburgh Trams - York Place to Newhaven, consists of a 4.69km route commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven. Two new sub-stations, eight new tram stops and a tram stabling area are to be constructed under the scheme, along with the tie in between the existing twin track route from Edinburgh Airport
As the Quantity Surveyor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Administering the NEC Form of Contracts (NEC 4 Option E)
- Raising Early Warning Notices to the Client and Subcontractors
- Identifying, notifying and pricing of Compensation Events
- Management of subcontractors from tender enquiries to final accounts
- Drafting subcontract enquiries and orders
- Reviewing Subcontract Quotations and placing Subcontract Orders
- Assessing and paying subcontract applications
- Checking time-sheets and staff allocations for Defined Cost verification
- Agreeing Final Accounts with clients and subcontractors
- Managing Invoice queries
- Site measurement as required
- Managing queries on the cost ledgers
- Managing cost transfers
- Collating and presenting commercial reports to the Business Unit and Client
- Production or supporting the production of CVR's / P&L
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Working knowledge of the NEC 3/4 Suite of Contracts
- Previous experience with a Civil Engineering or Utilities Contractor
- Experience with administering multiple packages of work
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a team including stakeholders of our client.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car or Car Allowance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.