Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to work on our National Grid Framework contract. The role will support nationwide projects and will involve regular travel within the UK.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be part of our Electrical Transmission management team who are responsible for managing the Civil and M&E delivery teams of the National Grid Primary Equipment Framework throughout the UK.
As a Senior Project Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Lead the construction team in delivering a portfolio of projects from project initiation to completion
- Delivery of the projects portfolio to the agreed time, cost and quality requirements
- Work closely with planning team to ensure delivery programmes are in place and progress is monitored
- Design Lead and Project Engineers function as a cohesive management team
- Drive risk management for the Projects
- Provide leadership and guidance on technical and contractual matters to ensure timely resolution
- Contribute to new contract tender bids using industry knowledge
- Prepare monthly CVR in conjunction with the commercial Manager
- Being commercially astute, lead the management team to deliver the balanced scorecard and meet/exceed contract financial terms
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous project management experience gained within electrical infrastructure
- Electrical Transmission knowledge is essential
- Able to demonstrate ownership of a portfolio of projects to the value of £20m per annum
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Appreciation and understanding of commercial management
- Must be flexible, able to learn independently and communicate well with a cross functional team
- Hold a relevant Project Management qualification
- Ideally educated to degree level in an electrical or engineering discipline
- A full driving licence and willingness to travel frequently
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Reward Benefit
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.