Senior Project Manager
- Job Reference: 20700
- Date Posted: 26 May 2021
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: Cambuslang, Fullarton Drive, Glasgow East Investment Park, Glasgow, (G32 8FA), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
At SP Energy Networks our focus is on harnessing technology and innovation to create the networks of the future. Our team is building a dynamic network to meet the changing demands for electricity and increasingly, renewable electricity - safely, securely and sustainably in the communities we serve.
At SP Energy Networks, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
The role of Senior Project Manager sits within SPT Projects.
In this role you will project manage high complexity capital investment projects within the licence areas, safely and to a high standard of quality. You will deliver outputs to programme and maximise capital efficiency against allowance, with strict adherence to the appropriate regulatory and License obligations.
* Responsible for the management of identified projects throughout their full lifecycle from development through to final closeout
* Responsible for the delivery of outputs, incentive metrics and milestones in line with business targets.
* Effectively manage project risk and mitigate the impact of issues that may emerge
* Compliance with the SPEN Integrated management system and SPT Projects Project Quality Plan.
* Responsible for the correct management and administration of contracts
* Develop accurate capital expenditure forecasts and output projections on assigned projects, with full accountability for project, contractual and financial governance. Contribute to the out-performance of the price control period by identifying, promoting and implementing innovation, efficiencies and value engineering
* Responsible for the creation, management and monitoring of project programmes
* Responsible, in conjunction with the construction team, for ensuring that construction sites are managed in a safe manner and that environmental risks are suitably mitigated. Access for continued maintenance and operational activities shall be maintained.
* Promote and implement external and internal stakeholder engagement and community liaison for projects, including compliance with the SPEN Landowners Agreement
* Responsible for the delivery a quality, documented and maintainable product to SPT Network Operations. Facilitate communications between SPT Projects and SPT Network Operations, ensuring that all project reviews, witness testing and handover is satisfactorily completed
* Provide support to and assist in the development of Project Managers
Skills and Requirements
* Project management methodology experience or qualification
* Project risk management and control
* Procurement processes and procedures
* Contract management experience especially NEC, SPT D&C, JCT & FIDIC
* Financial control / forecasting
* Understanding of and able to implement quality assurance processes
* Health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM
* Team management skills
* Ability to devise solutions to complex problems and challenges.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
* Significant experience in project managing transmission projects
* Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline or equivalent experience.
* Requirement to travel to across all SPEN locations
What We Offer
This is a Permanent contract. Salary for this role will be from £49,200 per annum.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Behavioural Based Interview and Technical Questions.
* Behaviours of individual contributor: Collaborate and share, Focus to achieve results, Be agile.
* Location: Cambuslang, Fullarton Drive, Glasgow East Investment Park, Glasgow, G32 8FA
* Closing date: 18th June 2021