Senior Project Engineer - Electrical
- Job Reference: 18270
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: GLASGOW (G2 5AD), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
ScottishPower Renewables is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group's international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms, we manage all of our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm, near Glasgow.
At ScottishPower Renewables, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
The Global Technical Services team is responsible for providing engineering and technical services to the Iberdrola Renewables business units. The role implies responsibility for projects, investigations and studies, not only related to the UK operational fleet but also the Iberia & International, USA and Offshore operational fleet, reporting to the Lead Electrical Engineer, belonging to the Technical Services (Global).
The candidate will work from the Glasgow office with a global team for providing technical support in evaluating and design grid integration solutions and the candidate will be responsible to liaise with the TSO's and DSO's.
* Knowledge of Grid Codes.
* Develop grid integration solutions to our operational portfolio of renewable generating assets.
* Responsible for the technical assessment of grid integration electrical equipment and turbine technologies.
* Lead and coordinate discussions with external supplier, contractors and TSO's/DSOs, to ensure delivery specifications are met.
* Provide technical support to our operational portfolio of renewable generating assets, carrying out root-cause analysis studies, and develop/recommend solutions & strategies to improve availability, and reliability of the assets.
* Be aware of new technical developments in renewable generating technology and understand how they may/could that may impact upon the generating assets.
* Research, liaise and co-ordinate with external technical suppliers and contractors to ensure delivery specifications for technical solutions are clearly defined.
* Technical input to commercial agreements and contracts to ensure project risks are mitigated.
* Identification and management of technical risks, issues & impacts of the projects/new turbines
* Experience on performing or reviewing GB and Ireland Grid Code Compliance studies
Technical lead on harmonics analysis.
Skills and Requirements
* Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree.
* Chartered or working towards Chartership
* Experience of Renewables / Power Generation industry
* Experience of power systems analysis.
* Technical and practical knowledge of wind turbine, energy storage and solar technologies.
* Good knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
* Ability to analyse technical problems, providing creative solutions when required.
* Experience of managing international projects from launching tendering processes through to work completion.
* Experience of working in a team and delivering against targets and reporting.
* Pro-active and diligent approach to work activities.
* Commercial understanding of Operation and Maintenance issues to ensure pragmatic decision making.
* Experience of working remotely as part of a Global Team, supporting a global customer base.
* Ability to manage and prioritise workload effectively.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation and to deal with third parties, project teams and consultants.
* Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
* IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT packages
* Health & Safety management skills
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
* Electrical Engineering degree qualification (or equivalent), leading to Chartership.
* Significant Relevant experience in Grid Connection and MV/HV electrical design and power systems analysis.
* IT literate.
* Experience of working in multi-disciplinary projects
Significant relevant experience working within a renewable generation environment.
What we offer
This is a Permanent contract. Salary for this role will be from £48,080 per annum. Other benefits for this role include a performance related bonus up to 15% and family cover health care.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Process they will follow: Behavioural Based Interview
Behaviours of Line Manager: Competencies TBC
* Location: ScottishPower Headquarters, 320 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5AD
Closing date: 4th March 2021