Senior Procurement Consultant
- Job Reference: 18268
- Date Posted: 17 February 2021
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: GLASGOW (G2 5AD), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Procurement
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
Procurement forms part of our Corporate functions that is responsible for providing support services for all other ScottishPower businesses. We know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
Reporting to the Category Manager for Global Equipment, the successful applicant will provide competitive advantage and cost reductions in the acquisition of Cable, Transformer and Switchgear related goods, works and services, through the professional management of procurement and supply chain activities including the management of suppliers and the negotiation of high value complex contracts and associated commercial issues.
Working closely with the business to support the development, construction or operation of significant infrastructure projects, assets, systems and services by understanding business drivers and market dynamics. Developing appropriate contracting strategies and negotiating important one-off contracts and framework agreements that meet the business timescales and specifications.
* Supporting the management of commercial aspects for key areas of business activity.
* Assisting in the development and implementation of a procurement plan for a particular business area involving working with the business to establish future contracts to deliver the requirements of the business function.
* Developing and implementing contract strategies and associated tenderer selection in liaison with the business and SP Credit Risk whilst considering wider Iberdrola Procurement issues.
* Building a constructive partnership with business managers and other stakeholders.
* Working closely with colleagues within the procurement function across Iberdrola to exploit areas of global procurement synergies / cost reduction and to facilitate benchmarking and optimise negotiation strategies.
* Leading the tendering process and negotiation of commercial aspects of contracts to deliver the SP Business Plan objectives, involving the mitigation of commercial risk and ensuring the compatibility of technical and commercial elements; preparation and negotiation of commercial schedules and ensuring compatibility with technical schedules.
* Striving to achieve both cost reduction and the best conditions available in the market through competitive and transparent procurement processes.
* Preparing approval papers and leading the obtaining of authorisations for contracts, whilst ensuring that the proposed contract is acceptable to Control, Credit Risk, Insurance and Legal.
* Providing contractual support and advice to project managers in dealing with contractors and suppliers during the post-contract award phase to mitigate and resolve claims or contractor grievances.
* Represent the Company in meeting with stakeholders and third parties for specific issues related with the procurement function.
* Becoming the focal point and internal procurement expert for areas of specialisation within the procurement function.
* Identifying and recommending strategies for delivering improvements in value and where appropriate to address new technologies/new business activities.
* Maintaining strong long-term relationships with key supply chain organisations.
* Extending the supply chain by identifying and pre-qualifying potential new suppliers.
* Delivering a high level of corporate governance by ensuring compliance with the Iberdrola/ScottishPower procurement policies, processes and practices including the Iberdrola Group Ethics Code and anti-bribery requirements.
Leading, motivating and directing another member of staff, including performance and other line management responsibilities.
Skills and Requirements
* Knowledge of best practice procurement principles, practices and processes including both tactical and strategic procurement principles.
* Strong commercial contract and negotiation experience and experience of leading full or part of the contract negotiations in conclusion of contracts.
* Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality cost and time; make decisions in tight timescales; flexibility to react to changing needs; track record of delivery within agreed timescales.
* An effective team worker; with some experience of working in a multi-functional project team desirable.
* Good all-round understanding of financial, commercial and business principles and risk mitigation practices plus sufficient knowledge of contract law to recognise any exposure and seek appropriate advice from the legal team when required.
* Strong written, numeracy and oral communication skills.
* Strong influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and persuade, challenge and build credibility with peer groups both internally and externally.
* Strong computer system skills.
* Where appropriate to area of responsibility some experience of partnering, international sourcing (specifically off-shoring) and low-cost economy sourcing desirable.
* Knowledge of ScottishPower procurement policies, principles and processes desirable.
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
* Considerable relevant experience with recent experience dealing with contracts of an equivalent value and complexity as role.
* University degree or relevant equivalent experience
Demonstrable track record in negotiating and closing high value contracts.
What we Offer
This is a Permanent contract. Salary for this role will be from £46,400 per annum. Other benefits for this role include a performance related bonus up to 10%
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Process they will follow: Behavioural Based Interview
Behaviours of Individual Contributor: Empower to grow, focus to achieve results, Be agile, Be a role model, and Collaborate and Share.
* Location: ScottishPower Headquarters, 320 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5AD
Closing date: 3rd March 2021