Instrumentation Senior – Maintenance
Location: Antrim, Northern Ireland
Salary: £48.7k - £60.7k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
Join our Maintenance team based in Northern Ireland and take your Instrumentation skills to the next level! Your expertise will be the driving force behind our success, so let's work together to achieve greatness.
You’ll be working in the unique high-pressure natural gas network environment.
Training will be given in offtake, pressure reduction sites (PRS), BIO processes, high-accuracy FISCAL / FWACV Gas metering systems, and Odorant Injection Systems.
What you’ll do
- Maintenance and repair of installations and equipment.
- On-site inspections, post-maintenance audits, and fault-finding.
- Repair of Electrical and Instrumentation systems.
- Testing and commissioning project works.
- Ensure tasks involving electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment are carried out under DSEAR and the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
- Management of a small number of personnel, including mentoring and development.
- Participation in an operational standby rota, for which you will receive appropriate remuneration.
What you’ll need
- Completed a recognised Instrument Apprenticeship, or NVQ level 3 (or above) in electrical/electronic / instrumentation engineering.
- Motivation, Flexibility, Leadership, Initiative, Organisational ability, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- You must have a full valid driving license as this role will involve travel throughout Northern Ireland and, on occasions, across Scotland.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you.
What we do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.