Senior Finance Analyst (Business Performance)
Salary from £47,200 per annum plus up to 15% bonus and healthcare
Flexible & Hybrid Working
Closing Date: 24 November 23
Help us create a better future, quicker
The Senior Analyst (Business Performance) provides key support to SP Energy Networks (SPEN) to achieve 2030 transmission network targets set by the Scottish and UK Government. SPEN will invest over £5bn in transmission projects across our transmission network in central and southern Scotland by 2030. They do this by reporting against, and preparing, Budgets & Forecasts for the transmission business to inform and direct strategic direction.
Liaising with contacts across the business, Senior Analysts develop and prepare the Monthly Commercial Report, along with reviewing business Scorecards, to provide a key governance tool for the monthly mnagement meeting.
Working closely with the Performance and Reporting Manager and other key business contacts they will prepare the relevant Business Plan submissions. They are also a key commercial lead for the Major Projects Delivery team and be heavily involved in Ofgem submissions such as Availability of Resources, Managing Director Report and Regulatory Reporting Pack.
What you'll be doing
Assisting the Performance and Reporting Manager in the preparation and submission of the annual business plan and budgets, periodic forecasts of financials and associated volumes for licensed business.
Be a key commercial contact for the Major Projects Delivery team - assisting with ad-hoc requests from other business functions (Control and Network, Planning & Regulation).
Take responsibility for requests from corporate functions (Control, Legal, HR) and co-ordinates responses from other key stakeholders, such as SPT Analysts in Major Projects / Transmission Operations and Programme Development.
Ability to understand and interpret highly technical Transmission Licence conditions and communicate their interpretation to internal (SPT and Network Planning & Regulation) and external (Ofgem) stakeholders.
Interpret questions from Ofgem on submissions made by SPT (such as Availability of Resources and Regulatory Reporting Packs) and give credible responses that are in line with SPT strategy.
Work closely with corporate functions to understand performance against Budgets, Forecasts and Business Plan and be able to communicate key messages back to management.
Prepare material and analysis for key business meetings with Iberdrola Senior Management and external meetings (e.g., Investor Days).
Review Budgets, Forecasts and Business Plan submissions from parties across SPT to identify unusual trends and movements and challenge other parties before consolidating.
Maintain strong controls, ensuring all processes and procedures are in line with Group policies and that documentation is kept up to data.
What you'll bring
- Qualified or near completion Accountant or equivalent degree/qualification.
- Ability to make high level decisions within tight timescales and with competing priorities.
- Confidence, ability, and presence to constructively challenge at all levels of organisation.
- Delivery focussed and high level of resilience to deal with the continually changing demands and time pressures of the role.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills at all levels - verbal and written
- Experience of building and maintaining strong inter-departmental and external working relationships.
- Effective influencing, organisational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, penalties, and rewards, would be desirable but not necessary
- Working knowledge of SPEN financial & commercial policies, procedures and working practices would be desirable but not necessary
What's in it for you
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we'll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%.
At ScottishPower, we believe it's the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family's wellbeing, save for your future and take personal steps for climate action - our benefits are designed to help you do just that - so that you have everything you need to take care of your world - today and tomorrow. That's why our benefits include:
- 36 days annual leave
- Holiday purchase - perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding
- Technology Vouchers - save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
- Count us in - pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
- Electric Vehicle Schemes - to help you transition to green/clean driving
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Access to nudge' financial wellbeing support
- Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more
Why SP Energy Networks
SP Energy Networks is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. We keep electricity flowing to homes and businesses through Central and Southern Scotland, North Wales and in the North West of England. We operate over 4000km of cables and lines that make-up the transmission network - connecting infrastructure like wind farms into the electricity system. It's a role that puts us right at the heart of Scotland's ambition to be Net Zero by 2044. And we're taking it very seriously. We're investing £5.5 billion into our transmission network, directly supporting the rapid growth needed in renewable energy. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation.
Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you'll fit right in.
We are committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to careers scottishpower.com .