Engineering Manager (Hydrogen) - Future of Energy
Location: Poole, Ashford, Oxford, Aldershot (flexible across South region)
Salary: £51k - £60k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Looking for a new challenge? Want to make your mark?
We are excited to offer an exceptional opportunity for an Engineering Manager with a strong background in hydrogen to provide technical assurance for hydrogen engineering projects within the Future of Energy (FoE) directorate and beyond. This role involves leading and supporting FoE's hydrogen strategy for evidence, network transition, and safety, while also playing a key role in driving hydrogen first demonstrations (H100/LTS Futures) and Hydrogen Futures (system transformation). This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the hydrogen industry's development and make a significant impact on the future of energy.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Drive hydrogen engineering and safety best practice across the FoE directorate; challenging and influencing all stakeholders to enable the successful and safe delivery of projects on time and in budget.
- Support delivering the hydrogen evidence for the Heat Policy Decision.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and regulation across the FoE in regards to hydrogen.
- Providing safety leadership and compliance within the FoE directorate.
- Representing FoE internally for committees, workshops, and at national governing bodies, IGEM, ENA, DESNZ, HSE, etc., maintaining and building contacts with key stakeholders, engineers, and officials.
- Helping implement and introduce new hydrogen technologies for trials and evidence.
What you’ll need
The job holder would need to be educated to degree level and be a Chartered/Incorporated Engineer (CEng/IEng) or working their way to CEng/IEng.
The technical skills and job knowledge/experience essential in this job are:
- Technical excellence in engineering, safety and design
- Strong influencer
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects
- Familiar with project management disciplines and contributing to projects
- Experienced working with a range of partners, with good knowledge of who does what
- Strong stakeholder management
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
SGN is currently paving the way in cutting-edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas, and we think supporting outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place and look after each other, and our customers’ safety. Be part of something big and make a difference today!
Our company | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Here’s what we offer you:
Everyone is different, so there’s something in our benefits package for everyone. Click the link below for more info on some of the benefits we offer:
Benefits | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. Click the link below to find out about how we are working towards fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all: Diversity and inclusion | SGN Your gas. Our network.