Engineering Manager (Energy Transition) - Future of Energy
Location: Dundee, Paisley, Aberdeen (flexible across Scotland region)
Salary: £51k - £60k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Looking for a new challenge? Want to make your mark?
We are seeking an exceptional Engineering Manager who possesses the technical expertise and leadership skills to drive the Energy Transition within the Future of Energy directorate. As the champion of the engineering strategy, you will provide technical assurance and market insights, while supporting biogas, heat networks, and safety functions. This is a rare opportunity for a seasoned Senior Engineering Manager to lead the charge towards a more sustainable future by delivering cleaner and more efficient energy sources.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Drive engineering and safety best practices across the FoE directorate, challenging and influencing all stakeholders to enable the successful and safe delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and regulation across the FoE with innovation, biogas, etc.
- Providing safety leadership and compliance within the FoE directorate
- Representing FoE internally for committees, workshops, and at national governing bodies, IGEM, ENA, DESNZ, HSE, etc., maintaining and building contacts with key stakeholders, engineers, and officials.
- Reviewing new technologies that are part of the transition to cleaner energy.
What you’ll need
The job holder would need to be educated to degree level and be a Chartered/Incorporated Engineer (CEng/IEng) or working their way to CEng/IEng.
The technical skills and job knowledge/experience essential in this job are:
- Technical excellence in engineering, safety and design
- Strong influencer
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects
- Familiar with project management disciplines and contributing to projects
- Experienced working with a range of partners, with good knowledge of who does what
- Strong stakeholder management
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you… we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
SGN is currently paving the way in cutting-edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas, and we think supporting outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place and look after each other, and our customers’ safety. Be part of something big and make a difference today!
Our company | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Here’s what we offer you:
Everyone is different, so there’s something in our benefits package for everyone. Click the link below for more info on some of the benefits we offer:
Benefits | SGN Your gas. Our network.
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. Click the link below to find out about how we are working towards fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all: Diversity and inclusion | SGN Your gas. Our network.