Job Title: Senior Designated Safety Advisor
Salary: Up to £45,000.00 + car
Location: Thames Valley Region
We have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Senior Safety Advisor to join our KCD (Kier-Clancy Docwra) alliance with Thames Water and play an important role to help achieve our vision of building a World where all infrastructure is sustainably built and maintained.
Working on the Developer Services contract covering Mains & Services out of our Kidlington Depot and the Major Projects work out of White Waltham (combined workstream turnover of £20m - £30m) you will support in providing professional advice and support on all aspects of the KCD framework’s Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (HSEQ) matters.
Responsible to the Head of DS, you will assist in providing expert, timely and practicable advice and support to all levels of employees. Monitor compliance in line with Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental legislation and Business Assurance procedures and audit and assess operational sites ensuring they are compliant.
- Manage and motivate the HSEQ Team
- Advise and guide internal and external stakeholders ensuring legal, financial and moral duties undertaken in line with group standards
- Monitor compliance in line with HSEQ legislation and Business Assurance procedures
- To audit and assess that operational sites are legally, environmentally and Health & Safety compliant and working to the HSEQ Management System
- Undertake and review inspections, audits and tours ensuring HSEQ compliance with identified timeline and standards
- Investigate, escalate and report on events ensuring continuous improvement
- Track, monitor, evaluate and report on findings and continuous improvement KPI and trends
- Champion on the communication delivery of HSEQ
- Ensure training is provided for all levels of employees in relation to Health, Safety Environment and Quality
To be successful in this role you will need to possess excellent experience of delivering HSEQ objectives within the construction environment.
You will have highly developed communication skills in order to effectively liaise at all business levels, the ability to work under pressure, deliver in complex environments as well as most, if not all the following criteria;
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (or having embarked on/part way through the course) – member of IOSH or certificate (Tech IOSH/MIOSH or Grad IOSH)
- Sound subject matter expertise and ideally possess operational and/or contract management experience in health & safety or waste management
- Possess excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate and influence, guide and mentor
- Detailed understanding of HSEQ legislation and application to the construction environment
- Able to manage own workload and time effectively in an autonomous role
Every day we work smarter and greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses, we help keep trains running and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.
You apply and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us – one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made in order for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.