E.ON’s Solution Sales team is an innovative business function created to help generate more value for new and existing business customers. We have all the dynamism of a start-up, with the backing of a world-leading energy company. And with our extensive support we’re able not only to enter the new solutions market, but also tailor our propositions to suit the needs of our customers.
Right now, we’re looking for a Concept Engineer to join our Solutions Sales team based from either our offices in Coventry, Citigen in central London or home based with travel. Here you’ll develop profitable low carbon solutions and client projects for leads produced by the Senior Sales Managers. You’ll take the lead from first customer site visits, carrying out subsequent proactive client engagement activities to develop realistic and commercially viable concepts. Using your engineering capabilities, you will manage the concept through to proposal development and ultimately present the offer to the customer.
- Identifying realistic and creative concept ideas when presented with initial customer information and presenting them in a way that is enticing for people with or without a technical background.
- Leading the formation of sales bids and tender responses through the internal processes.
- Developing business cases up to £50m and managing project development risk up to £10m professional indemnity levels.
- Continuously keeping knowledge on technological developments up to date and liaising with new/innovative stakeholders in the industry.
- Liaising with Designers so they can further develop/evaluate concept ideas through to detailed design phases.
- Providing technical support in client and supplier contract negotiations, working closely with the Contract Specialist and Senior Sales Manager where required.
- A proven track record of working in the energy industry or engineering consulting industry.
- Strong understanding of the commercial impact of activities.
- Good skills in specification writing/assessment and tender assessment.
- Ability to think fast and quickly come up with viable ideas capable of high conversion ratios.
- Commercial mentality with a strong feel for moving the business forward.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with colleagues, contractors, customers and senior managers.
- Strong networking abilities.
- Willingness to continuously improve and to learn from mistakes.
- Understanding of C(DM) responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of standard and more advanced PC software tools (such as MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, modelling software, etc) and the ability and willingness to learn working with new software tools.
- Full driving license.
It would be great if you had
- An Engineering qualification e.g. Degree/HNC or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial on-site generation technologies such as gas engines, steam boilers, absorption chillers, heat pumps, PV etc.
- In-depth knowledge about any other lot relevant for offered projects (construction, civil engineering, services installation, IT, etc.)
- Knowledge of various forms of contract that could be applicable to the variety of offered projects.