Exciting things are happening within Thames Water and the water industry as a whole to improve end customers service and we are looking for a Revenue & Billing Associate
to join us on our journey.
Thames Water is at the forefront of the wholesale retail market and the wholesale market, known as the New Appointments and Variations market (NAV).
Wholesale Market Services (WMS) is required to develop, implement and facilitate the delivery of Thames Waters’ Market obligations. We enable the sale of services to all companies licensed to operate in the Water Markets, this equates to over £400m of revenue that is managed within the team. As well as managing up to approximately £200m of risk associated with market compliance.
This is a unique opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving this process, creating revenue, drive insight and improve performance for the business. We will provide you with all the tools you need to grow within the business and embark on a successful career with Thames Water.
This role is essential in enabling us to meet our revenue and customer service targets.
As a successful candidate, you will need to bring with your exceptional customer service skills and be positively driven to meet the evolving needs of their wholesale customers.This will involve:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- By effectively and professionally communicating with our customers via email or telephone, you will be providing an excellent customer experience to the required internal and external standards - providing first-class customer service at all times.
- You will contribute to the team’s success, by demonstrating the company values, sharing knowledge with fellow associates, and developing best practices for delivering an outstanding experience to customers.
- You will carry out accurate work, with meticulous attention to detail, that complies with processes, market requirements, and regulatory requirements, meeting agreed performance targets.
- You will identify opportunities to optimize best practices through minimizing operating cost and regulatory/market risk, where appropriate.
- You may find yourself involved with analytics and investigations as part of the role and your development.
What’s in it for you:
- You will have well-developed interpersonal skills, specifically an individual with good communication skills across verbal and written channels, and effective at working within a team.
- You will possess creative problem-solving abilities in a customer service or customer-facing environment and will have important characteristics to deliver this, such as effective listening skills and an appropriate tone when engaging with customers.
- You must be PC literate with Microsoft Packages, and it would be highly desirable if you have had previous customer-facing experience.
- You will also have a good level of financial awareness coupled with foundation/intermediate Excel skills.
- You will demonstrate an ability to organise yourself over multiple workflows efficiently to meet KPI’s.
- You should have experience using Cordys, Navision, CIS, Salesforce, or SAP CRM.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service, and much more, including our referral scheme. You can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region, and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.