Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a Resourcing Manager to join our recruitment team, working from our Head Office in Stevenage.
The Resourcing Manager is an internal consultant, accountable for the delivery of an end-to-end resourcing service for a group of contracts across the Water Utility Division. You will be supporting and promoting this area along with the wider M Group Services, to endorse the business as an employer of choice.
As a Resourcing Manager, you will become a trusted partner responsible for leading the recruitment in your area, partnering with Business Leaders and Hiring Managers along with the general HR community. Identifying a talent attraction pipeline relevant to the division to promote current and future requirements, will ensure the success of our business.
As a Resourcing Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Delivering an exemplary end-to-end resourcing service for all permanent, FTC (and where relevant, support freelance) hiring within a specified utility business area.
- Build relationships with and act as the specialist point of contact for a client group.
- Advise on resourcing and offering guidance and support to build forward thinking on strategic workforce and resourcing plans
- Support organisational effectiveness by promoting and ensuring adherence to the correct system and business processes.
- Undertake regular external talent identification activities, to deliver the resourcing requirements of your client group
- Deploy attraction strategies and develop attraction material
- To coordinate the design of assessment and selection processes; ensuring the delivery of fair assessment events
- Ensure Diversity and Inclusion across all recruitment activities
- Keep up-to-date with external trends and best practice in Resourcing/Talent, assessing and recommending what could be implemented across your client group and the wider business
- Contribute and work collaboratively across Resourcing & Talent on specific specialist projects which continually improve the service and customer experience
- Working collaboratively with the HRBPs for the division(s) to develop a workforce and recruitment plan to enable talent mapping and pooling for current and future requirements
- Above all, balancing cost and time reduction, whilst ensuring great candidate experience and service excellence
Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Relevant in-house client facing resourcing experience, working at a similar level, gained in a large complex organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of resourcing across a variety of positions
- Up–to-date experience of market mapping, head hunting and talent pipelining
- Able to make recommendations for effective assessment and recruitment techniques/approaches based on business need
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships across the business, HR and the candidate population
- Present sound and well-reasoned opinions to convince, persuade and influence stakeholders
- Demonstrate an approach to work showing commitment, motivation along with the passion to deliver to a high standard
- Experience of recruiting within construction or within the Water utilities sector (desirable)
- Evidence of previous success within an agency environment (desirable)
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.