Due to business growth we are delighted to be recruiting for several direct teams, consisting of a Team Leader (Ganger) and Operative (Mate), to join our water repair and maintenance operation, in Dartford.
Operating in the Utilities sector, with a healthy order book of over 1.5 billion over the next 5 years, we can offer you longevity and job security, as well as ensuring the cost of your professional tickets/certificates are covered, you will also be provided with opportunities to expand your knowledge, develop your career (if you want) and given the very best PPE.
We are looking for two person teams with R&M experience specifically within the water industry, but we will also consider applications from individuals.
- Safely undertake activities in a way that minimises disruption to residents, as well as meeting the contract Key Performance Indicators/client (Thames Water) requirements.
- Ensure all interactions (internally and externally) are polite and professional and escalate where appropriate.
- Comply with legal and legislative policies and procedures in relation to health safety and environmental - taking responsibility for the safety, delivery and quality of the work undertaken.
- Cooperate in any incident / accident / damage investigation.
- Accurate and timely completion of all information related to completed/active jobs via the management information system.
- Responsible for site set up and removal under chapter 8.
- Maintain vehicle and equipment.
- Responsible for completing risk assessments and not allowing works to commence unless fully satisfied that risks are removed/minimised.
We are looking for water R&M teams or individuals with experience that covers stop taps, service leak repairs, service connections, chamber repairs, domestic meter installations water mains repairs and connections and main laying experience of thrust boring.
A National Water Hygiene Card, Streetworks (NRSWA) Ticket, Manual Handling Certificate and driving license are all essential requirements and Trench Support, Abrasive Wheels, Service Avoidance Training, Machine tickets are desirable.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at XX days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.