We have an opportunity for a two person repair and maintenance team / gang to join our clean water operation in Scotland.
As a team you will be carrying out technical activities in relation to works on Scottish Water's networks, for example water service and mains connections, laying and repairs (bursts and fire hydrants), lead renewals, PRV Installs and disconnections - all in line with health and safety and environmental regulations.
- Undertake activities in order to minimise disruption to local residents and meet the contract KPIs, as well as meeting client specific requirements.
- Ensure all customer, stakeholder and client interaction is professional and in accordance to procedures and escalated where appropriate.
- Compliance with legal and legislative policies and procedures in relation to health safety and environmental policies.
- Cooperate in any incident / accident / damage investigation
- Accurate and timely completion of all information onto management systems
- Responsible for the safety, delivery and quality of the work
- Responsible for site set up and removal under chapter 8
- Maintenance of vehicle and equipment
- Responsible for risk assessment
- Compliance with Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental and Fleet policies, procedures and standards
Both team members will need a current driving license
The Teamleader is also required to have a NRSWA certification, DOMS & Water Hygiene, Machine ticket (excavator), along with Emergency First Aid, Deep Excavation, Confined Space and Abrasive Wheels certifications.
For the second team member (Mate), Doms & Water Hygiene and Abrasive wheels are essential and preferably NRSWA and Confined Space certifications.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension and holiday allowance starting at 30 days per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.