Repair Team Leader Apprenticeship
Your Ambition Keeps Cosy Constant
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
We’re super powered up about what our future holds and that’s where you come in. As a member of our Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll support our growth and innovation and help us to create better, safer tomorrows, today. With us you’ll start your career with real purpose and direction and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About our Engineering Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice in our Repair Team you’ll see first-hand what it’s like to be at the heart of our business, keeping the nation safe. You’ll need a passion for fixing whatever needs fixing and solving whatever needs solving. You won’t be afraid of getting your hands dirty. If this sounds like you, then the Repair Team Leader Apprenticeship is right up your street!
We’ve tailored our 2 year programme to give you the right mix of on and off the job specialist technical training, ensuring you get everything you need to build a future in engineering. You’ll be the friendly face of Cadent, working with our experts out on the streets of our communities. There’ll be no stopping you as you work on our gas mains and learn how to quickly and safely respond to gas escapes.
You’ll also be supported by a dedicated programme manager, business mentor and line manager. Our community of apprentices also provide the perfect support network, pulling from their personal experience they’ll provide guidance and assistance and you’ll inspire each other from the very start.
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll have achieved a whole host of qualifications including the Gas Network Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship, all of which will support you moving forward with a career at Cadent.
Once qualified, you’ll be responsible for leading a two-person Repair Team. Responding to gas escapes, your day to day responsibilities will include working on deep excavations up to 2.5m and isolating gas mains. You'll also complete services to repair and make safe, ensuring cable avoidance plus much more. Meeting different people every day and working in lots of different locations, no two days will be the same!
Our 2022 vacancies are in the following locations:
What You’ll Bring
We’re looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join our Apprenticeship Programme, along with:
- Maths and English Language GCSEs minimum grade C/4 or equivalent grade
- Hold a valid full UK car driving licence or be willing to obtain one by the start of programme
- High levels of personal and professional energy – you’ll have lots of drive and motivation too!
- A shared sense of purpose – we’re on an exciting journey of growth – do you want to be part of it?
- A passion for engineering and customer service - We’re looking for people who can delight our customers!
- Team Spirit – We support each other, with all our strengths and differences, to succeed
What’s In It For You
When you’re responsible for some of the most challenging and vital work around, it’s only right that you receive some of the best rewards and benefits around too. With us, you can expect a starting salary of £19,292 which rises within each year of your training, plus;
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, with the option to buy more
- Generous Pension Scheme which is double matched up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn performance bonus up to £250
- Expensed travel and accommodation whilst away on training
- Flexible Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurance and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Access to our Occupational Health Services including our employee assistance programme which offers confidential counselling
- Support with financial wellbeing
You will have the opportunity on our Repair Team Leader programme to make a real difference and become one of Cadent’s ambassadors for STEM. Representing the apprenticeship programme across the business up to senior stakeholders and within our external communities.
Cadent embraces Diversity and Inclusion and we have a number of initiatives in place to support this. These include development programmes designed for female colleagues and an employment scheme aimed at young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities which our Graduates play a key role in running.
We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture. Our employee communities support us in keeping our employees engaged and motivated and through our partnerships and covenants we ensure our workforce reflects our communities in all their diversity.
Cadent is a Disability Confident employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
Be part of something big. Join us and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.
This Apprenticeship will start in November 2022