Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Repair and Maintenance Operative to work on our Welsh Water contract in South Wales on a 6 month fixed term contract.
As a Repair and Maintenance Operative, you will support growth within the Capital and Developer Services work streams of the Dwr Cymru Welsh Water Network Alliance contract.
Welsh Water is the sixth largest regulated water and sewerage companies in England and Wales. Welsh Water are responsible for providing over three million people with a continuous, high quality supply of drinking water and for taking away, treating and properly disposing of the waste water that is produced.
As a Repair and Maintenance Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage aspects of operational works and supporting the day to day running of a number of teams
- Maintain and encourage a positive health and safety culture
- Ensure that all plant is operated safely, serviced to schedule and calibrated in a timely manner
- Ensure the quality of work complies within the contract specifications and environmental legislation
- Ensure all areas of operational delivery meet Morrison Utility Services, the client and customer requirements inclusive of Hygiene, Quality and CML, DG7 and customer complaints
- Ensure all allocated work is effectively managed so that delivery meets the client and customer requirements and are delivered within relevant regulatory and client asset standards (SLA)
- Maximise contract efficiencies by delivering an excellent customer service, optimising productivity onsite and contributing to the business, contract targets and compliance
- Ensure the Planning Team and Supervisors have all the relevant information, job details, plant, equipment and materials to complete the job close down procedure and for it to be invoiced
- Carry out all on site risk assessments
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience of operating and delivery within the Clean Water Utilities Sector with a working knowledge of pressurised pipelines, safe dig techniques, hygiene practices and street works safety
- Street works qualified (NRSWA card 1 to 6 and 9) and qualified with SHEA Water Card, Asbestos awareness, Towing capability, First Aid
- Ability to work within health and safety legislation
- Ability to act calmly and rationally in a dynamic working environment
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.