About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Repair and Maintenance Ganger to work on our Welsh Water contract in Bodelwyddan, North Wales.
As a Ganger, you will be part of our Repair and Maintenance Team who are responsible for maintenance of the water network. You will provide operational capability in all areas of the repair and maintenance of DCWW’s clean water network. The role varies between small diameter domestic pipework, water network fittings (AV’s/ PRV’s / WO’s etc) through to larger diameter mains repairs. You will carry out your duties with responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of all members of workforce including client and DCWW customers.
As a Ganger your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Maintain and encourage a positive health and safety culture
- Ensure all areas of operational delivery meet MUS, client and customer requirements inclusive of Hygiene, Quality and CML, DG7 and customer complaints
- Deliver works within relevant regulatory and client asset standards (SLA)
- Ensure all allocated work is effectively managed so that delivery meets the client and customer requirements
- Provide the Planning Team and Supervisors with all relevant information, job details, plant, equipment and materials to complete the job close down procedure and for it to be invoiced
- Carry out all on site risk assessments
- Ensure all plant is operated in a safe manner, serviced to schedule and calibrated in a timely manner
- Be part of the monthly standby and provide emergency cover as and when required
- Mitigate risks to health and safety, customer experience and commercial aspects of the job
- Ensure job cards and time sheets are completed correctly, accurately and in time
- Undertake regular checks on vehicle, trailers, fittings and plant to ensure good housekeeping is carried out and they are safe to use and operate
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience of operating and delivery within the clean water utilities sector
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven track record in the repair of mains and fittings on a clean potable network
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work to tight timescales and prioritise work efficiently
- Ability to work within health and safety legislation
- Ability to act calmly and rationally in a pressurised environment
- Flexibility to support the business needs as and when required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Streetworks qualified, SHEA water card, Asbestos awareness, Towing capability and excavator driving capable
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.