Redhill & Field Based (Covering supply area Surrey, Kent and South London)
£29,069 to £32,826 depending on experience and qualifications
We are recruiting for an experienced Repair and Maintainence (Utilities) Fitter to join our repair and maintenance team. Already experienced within a similar environment you will be excavating and repairing all sizes of pipe and overseeing the work of a trainee. You will take part in the 24-hour emergency callout and standby rota.
To be successful you will need:
- Experience within a similar environment
- Cat C1 Driving license
- The ability to use a range of tools, load and unload materials
- Natural ability to respond to customers in a polite and professional manner
You will be working outside in all weathers, using machinery and lifting and moving materials, therefore a good standard of physical fitness is essential for the role. You will work shifts covering Monday to Friday and be on standby one in four weeks to cover nights and weekends for which standby and overtime will be paid.
Although it is not essential it would be ideal you have an EUSR Water Hygiene Card and NRSWA Streetworks Qualification (including signing, lighting and guarding).
What We Offer:
We have a welcoming team and offer high quality training including a Repair & Maintenance bootcamp, setting our colleagues up for success to develop a career path where you can learn new skills.
We offer a range of benefits for your personal and financial wellbeing
For your financial wellbeing:
- Salary up to £32,826 per annum
- Substantial overtime and standby pay
- Employer contribution up to 10% on our Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Salary Finance: Financial education, loans and savings
- On site garage with service discount
For your personal wellbeing:
- 25 days annual leave which will increase to 27 days with length of service
- Health care Cash back scheme and Surgical Choices
- Aqualibrium - On site Mental Health First-Aiders and free annual health checks
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
About SES Water:
We are an innovative and progressive company who continually look for improved ways of working to serve our customers and communities better. We are at the forefront of our industry with our fully smart network which allows us to identify and repair leaks faster – recently winning the Utility Week Innovation Award. We hold Biodiversity Awards at two of our sites and have targeted ourselves to be Net Zero by 2030, already actioning this with solar panels and moving our fleet to electric vehicles.
We thrive on the knowledge and life experiences of our colleagues, recognising that our differences bring diverse perspectives and make us a great team.
We welcome people that live our values, bring their true selves to work and have a desire to share their lived experience so that we are fit to serve our communities both now and in the future.
If you require any assistance in the recruitment process please contact us.