Relief Recycling Team Leader
- Job Reference: 00037982-1
- Date Posted: 4 December 2023
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £10.42 to £12.40
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking for the right role for you? Then look no further…
Relief Recycling Team Leader
Hourly Rate – £10.42, rising to £12.40 per hour (plus overtime and benefits)
Hours – 41 hours per week
Depot Address – Suffolk Wide
As a Relief Recycling Team Leader at FCC Environment, we will train you to deliver a high standard of customer service to the public by actively encouraging reuse and recycling as well as assisting the public with their waste disposal.
This vacancy is for a full-time position, working 5 days per week including weekends, however, we will consider requests for job shares to suit your lifestyle (working full days).
Our promise to you
- Competitive salary
- Staff discount in our charity re-use shops
- Bonus scheme
- 20 days’ annual leave (full-time working)
- Bank Holiday overtime + lieu day
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Vocational training and progression opportunities
- Uniform provided free
- Recognition rewards
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
What will you be doing?
- Greet and assist site users
- Encourage users to reuse and recycle their items to reduce waste and help the environment
- Ensure you, your colleagues and site users remain safe whilst on our sites
- Work with our local charity partner to identify items suitable for reuse and sale
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a customer service setting
- A reliable, motivated, friendly and engaging team player
- Your own transport (payment will be made for business mileage)
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees.
With the Environment Bill going through Westminster this year and DEFRA’s new Resources and Waste strategy focusing our minds on ever more recycling and best practice in waste management, the profile of the UK's waste management industry has never been higher. With more local authorities calling a Climate Crisis and a clear push towards net-zero carbon across the economy, the pressure is on us all as citizens and us as a business to reduce waste and maximise re-use and recovery. We need people who are up for the challenge. We need people with ideas. We need you. Together we will meet the UK’s waste management and energy recovery needs.
FCC Environment is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
How to apply
So, if you want to advance or kickstart your career as a Relief Recycling Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.