Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Reinstatement Scheduler to work on our Severn Trent Water contract in Derby.
As a Reinstatement Scheduler you will be part of our Planning and Scheduling Team who are responsible for planning and scheduling works for operational resources to ensure excavations onsite are backfilled, reinstated and cleared site with highways notification.
As a Reinstatement Scheduler your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Plan all teams an effective day to ensure daily performance can be achieved
- Plan effectively by considering location, material and traffic management
- Ensure that all promotion/site visit details are incorporated into the planning of all work orders to reduce risk of aborted visits
- Make Operational Managers aware of any specific material or traffic management requirements
- Ensure all planned work has a valid standard NRASWA notification
- Liaise with council/highway authorities for road closures/footpath closures, traffic management and complete the relevant forms as required
- Ensure any customer impact jobs are managed through the Customer Service Team
- Ensure customer commitments are maintained and completed on the first planned date
- Ensure thorough validation is carried out prior to planning to eliminate potential cost of failures
- To escalate any potential cost of failures (fixed penalty notices, S74's and permit failures)
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Highways noticing insight
- Proven record of working on a framework contract
- Working to tight deadlines on a target driven project
- Change management
- Basic IT Skills
- Excellent all round organisational skills, with foresight and ability to plan ahead
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Innovative and able to regularly challenge process and bring new ways of working to the table
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.