Location: Redhill (RH1 1LJ)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:30 – 17:00 (45 hour week)
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 depending on experience
Clancy are seeking a versatile manager to join our Sutton & East Surrey Water contract and take full responsibility in managing Reinstatement operation across the Redhill area.
You will oversee all work of field teams & gangs, planners, admin staff as well as sub-contract labour, managing your teams effectively to achieve targets & objectives and increase productivity across the programme of work.
- Manage all operational reinstatement teams, both direct and sub-contract, ensuring Health, Safety, Environment and Quality issues are addressed & resolved so that your teams deliver an effective service in keeping with our Client’s expectations
- Monitor performance, in line with tendered agreements, to ensure profitability and project efficiencies are maximised
- Assist the Quantity Surveyor’s with sub-contractor procurement and reporting
- Liaise with Procurement team regarding materials
- Lead and inspire the team to have a culture of 'quality every time' in all aspects of their work
- Organise and chair monthly team meetings with Supervisors, as well as attendance at Client meetings, as required
- Review training requirements for Supervisors and gangs, and monitor & manager standby rota
Skills, Knoweldge & Experience:
- Hold Full NRSWA/Streetworks tickets
- Significant knowledge of the utilities/construction industry
- Demonstrable experience of managing large teams
- Demonstrable ability to analyse problems and offer solutions in a reactive environment
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Technical knowledge of Highways specifications and a H&S qualification would both be highly desirable
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at XX days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.