Job Title: Reinstatement Field Performance Manager
Salary: up to £32.5k + Benefits
Locations: Peterborough and Anglian Region
Role & Responsibilities:
As Reinstatement Field Performance Manager (RFPM) you will work closely with Project Engineers, Highways and Developers to plan, organise and support field resources in the day-to-day framework operations across a number of programmes/schemes in the Peterborough & Anglian region.
You will be responsible for the delivery of a leading backfill, reinstatement and site clear service, that supports all delivery routes to achieve our AMP7 Business Plan and beyond, whilst maintaining a healthy and safe workforce.
Customer needs will be at the heart of this service though deployment of innovative, adaptive technology that maximises customer and stakeholder satisfaction whilst maintaining efficiency and compliance.
- To manage and coach direct and sub-contract field-based resources to deliver compliant backfill, reinstatement and site clear operations to target.
- To coach; guide and direct teams on day-to-day activities to achieve a successful delivery and great customer experience through the reinforcement of a positive behavioural approach.
- Understand root cause of KPI, quality or NRSWA performance failures to identify and implement solutions for improvement.
- To gain feedback from stakeholders and internal customers to ensure a rounded view of team performance is formed enabling a focussed approach to coaching for improvement. Engage and motivate the workforce through performance development review processes.
- Develop employees by structured training and development captured in regularly reviewed training plans.
- Identify and develop key individuals to form part of a succession plan.
- Carry out performance management of direct reports.
- Reward employees and recognise good performance.
- Coach & mentor employees.
- Support the delivery of L2L survey action plans and provide team feedback and progress updates.
- Delivers engaging toolbox talks, briefings and team meetings.
You will be an experienced Team Leader, Supervisor and/or Performance Manager with a good all-round knowledge and understanding of the construction & water industries.
You will need be open-minded, flexible and collaborative in your approach and will possess most, if not all of the following criteria;
- Previous experience in supervisory/managerial roles and the stakeholder engagement/customer service element is hugely important, so excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in order to effectively liaise with internal stakeholders, the wider management community and members of the public/customers
- A good Streetworks knowledge
- Computer literacy, most crucially MS Excel
- ·Good knowledge of SROH (Specification for Reinstatement of the Highway)
- Good Knowledge of street works legislation
- Good commercial understanding
- Ability to performance manage
- An ability to analyse problems and offer solutions
- NRSWA Supervisory Qualification
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses, we help keep trains running and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us – one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.