About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit an Operative to work on our Welsh Water contract in South Wales on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
In this role, you will support the Repair and Maintenance & Developer Services work streams of the Dwr Cymru Welsh Water - Water Network Alliance Contract. Welsh Water is the sixth largest of the ten regulated water and sewerage companies in England and Wales who are responsible for providing over three million people with a continuous, high quality supply of drinking water and for taking away, treating and properly disposing of the wastewater that is produced.
We have an opening for an Operative to provide operational capability in all areas of R&M and Developer Services of the clean water network. The role varies between small diameter domestic pipework, water network fittings (AVs/ PRVs/WOs) through to larger diameter mains and repairs.
As an Operative your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Maintain and encourage a positive health and safety culture and ensure that all plant is operated safely and serviced to schedule and calibrated in a timely manner, mitigating risks to health and safety
- Ensure all areas of operational delivery meet Morrison Utility Services, the client and customer requirements inclusive of Hygiene, Quality and CML, DG7 and customer complaints
- Ensure all allocated work is effectively managed so that delivery meets the client and customer requirements and are delivered within relevant regulatory and client asset standards (SLA)
- Ensure the planning team and supervisors have all the relevant information, job details, plant, equipment and materials to complete the job close down procedure and for it to be invoiced
- Carry out all on site risk assessments
- Undertake regular checks on vehicles, trailers, fittings and plant to ensure good housekeeping is carried out and they are safe to use and operate
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience of operating and delivery within the Clean Water Utilities Sector with a working knowledge of pressurized pipelines, safe dig techniques, trial hole investigations, under pressure installation, cut outs, hygiene practices and Street works safety
- Full UK Driving License
- Effective communicator
- Proven track record in the installation and repair of mains and fittings on a clean water network
- Ability to think “outside of the box” and problem solve
- You will be Street works qualified (NRSWA card 1 to 6 and 9) and qualified with SHEA Water Card, Asbestos awareness, Towing capability, CPCS below 10t, First Aid
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.